People are insufficiently aware of the fact that lung diseases bring about a great personal, social and economic burden and that they are a major cause of death. In addition, the importance of lung research for prevention and optimal treatment of lung diseases is highly underestimated. That is why we strive for more awareness among political parties, organizations and the general public.
The task force
- Peter Wijkstra, vice-chair, MD PhD, pulmonologis, UMCG Groningen
- Kors van der Ent, chair, Prof MD PhD, pediatric pulmonologist, UMC Utrecht
- Yvonne Heijdra, MD PhD, pulmmonologist RadboudUMC Nijmegen, chair NVALT, 's-Hertogenbosch
- Niki Reynaert, PhD, researcher (anti) oxidants COPD, Maastricht University
- Emiel Rolink, director, Long Alliantie Nederland (LAN), Amersfoort
- Michael Rutgers, PhD, director Lung Foundation, Amersfoort